- 1.25 oz El Jimador Tequila
- .75 oz Foggy Ridge Pippin Gold Apple Port
- 2 oz sour mix (housemade please, see below)
- Apple garnish (see below)
- Seasoned salt for rim (see below)
Add tequila, pippin gold and sour mix to cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until you are tired. Pour into a glass with salted rim and garnish with apple slice.
1 Cup simple syrup
1 Cup lime juice
1/4 Cup lemon juice
Add 2 Tablespoons lime juice and 1 teaspoons ground chile (quajillo or ancho) to 1 Cup water.
Slice a tart apple (I like gold rush) thinly across the center and soak in the chile-lime solution.
½ Cup kosher salt
2 Tablespoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground chile (guajillo or ancho)
Mix well; store covered. To use: run a lime wedge along the rim of a glass, then dip the glass into the seasoned salt.